We Protect Your Information
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your Information, including Personal Information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure such Information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of Information.
What Information Do We Collect?
StoneTurn collects any information that you provide us when you use our website. While you can visit most pages on our website without giving us any information about yourself (i.e., name, email address, phone number, fax number, and contact information), there are instances where you can choose to provide us with your Personal Information. For example, you may provide us with basic Personal Information when you submit inquiries to us or in order to receive news, special offers and general information about our services and events that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information. You may also provide us with certain employment information in connection with an application for employment with StoneTurn in the “Careers” section of StoneTurn’s website or you may sign up for job alerts.
StoneTurn does not sell Personal Information it collects from consumers. Rather, we use the Information we collect and receive from you to provide you with requested services, to communicate with you, and to fulfill your specific requests. For example, if you send us an email requesting information about StoneTurn, we will use your email address and other information you send us to respond to your request. Your Personal Information is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your permission, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
In addition to the information identified above, other information about you that StoneTurn collects and processes, includes:
- Cookies and similar tracking technologies. This website utilizes session cookies, which are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our site. Session cookies enable you to move from page to page on our website, and allow information you enter to be remembered. A session cookie is deleted when you close your browser or after a short period of time. Cookies are used in the following ways on our website:
- Contact Us page. We use a session cookie on this page to allow you to contact us via the site.
Who Will Your Personal Information Be Shared With?
Personal Information collected on the website may be shared with:
- Employees internally within StoneTurn, including with members of the Human Resources department and IT staff if access to the information is necessary for the performance of their duties at StoneTurn.
- Service providers and other third parties under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, software development, email delivery, marketing communications, bill collection, payroll, payment processing and site analytics and operations).
- Partners or professional organizations who promote similar services related to your area of interest. StoneTurn requires that these entities protect Personal Information in the same manner as StoneTurn.
- Government or law enforcement agencies in order to respond to lawful requests, including where disclosure is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
How Does StoneTurn Protect Personal Information?
StoneTurn takes the security of your information very seriously. StoneTurn has internal policies and controls in place in an effort to ensure that your information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties for StoneTurn. Personal Information may be stored in a variety of different storage locations, including in StoneTurn’s servers and IT systems (including StoneTurn’s email system). Access to all of our clients’ information is restricted in our offices.
Where StoneTurn engages third parties to process Personal Information on its behalf, your Information is provided to the third parties pursuant to written contracts, which obligate them to implement appropriate technical measures to maintain the security of the information in an effort to ensure that your Information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed.
StoneTurn retains data for the duration of the client’s business relationship with StoneTurn. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights to be forgotten/of erasure, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will StoneTurn Transfer My Personal Information Across Borders?
StoneTurn understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about children, except as part of an engagement to provide professional services. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
Social Media Platforms
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications regarding marketing-related emails for services described on StoneTurn’s website by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by opting-out within the notices.
If you opt-in for particular services or communications, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication.
You have a number of rights with respect to your Personal Information collected by StoneTurn. Specifically, you have the right to:
- Right to Know:
- You have the right to know the Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose about you. You have the right to request in writing from us a copy of the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected that information, why we collected that information about you, the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. To request a copy of such disclosure in a readily useable format, please contact StoneTurn via the email or mailing address provided below.
- Right to Rectification:
- You have the right to require StoneTurn to update incorrect or incomplete Personal Information. To request rectification of incorrect or incomplete Personal Information, please contact StoneTurn via the email or mailing address provided below.
- Right to Deletion:
- You have the right to require StoneTurn to delete or stop processing your Personal Information, for example where the information is no longer necessary for business purposes.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information:
- You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. As noted above, StoneTurn does not sell Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to Object:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information where StoneTurn is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
- Right to Non-Discrimination:
- StoneTurn will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
If you have any questions relating to the information collected by StoneTurn or to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Chief Privacy Officer
StoneTurn Group LLP
75 State Street
Boston, Massachusetts, 02109
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please see the California Privacy Notice.
What If You Do Not Provide Personal Information?
The Personal Information you provide is being used for legitimate business interests. If you do not provide the information requested, we may be unable to process your requests.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
StoneTurn complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA) to the United States.
Please see our Privacy Shield Policy for more information. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program generally, and to view StoneTurn’s certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
Changes to this Policy
Links to Other Websites
Questions and Comments