- Encourage speak-up through all channels (not just the whistleblower system)
- Choose an approachable name for the system or program
- Elect an appropriate framework gatekeeper
- Use a blended team
- Provide system and policy access to third parties
- Build confidence through well-resourced and transparent processes
- Motivate with stories of encouragement and reward whistleblowers with non-monetary incentives
- Report on whistleblowing metrics holistically
- Incorporate whistleblowing into the employee exit process
- Take additional steps to prevent unlawful detriment
The co-authors also recap recent changes to the global whistleblowing landscape.
StoneTurn Senior Manager Emilia Drozda and Manager Lucy Cryan contributed to this article.