Public outcry for reform. Significant media scrutiny. A growing political divide. Lack of safety for citizens and police. The stakes are high and the need to restore trust in the police departments that protect and serve thousands of communities across the U.S. is more pressing than ever before.
StoneTurn has assembled a world-class team―foremost experts in police reform, the design and implementation of effective compliance programs, and data analytics―to assist in bringing lasting change at this critical juncture.
The StoneTurn team partners with police department leadership, local government personnel, and community representatives to assess the underlying issues, current state of affairs, and areas for improvement. We expertly and efficiently connect the communities and their departments to deliver a lasting and measurable impact. We have experience doing so, both as community leaders and as the police officers who worked with those communities.
We understand that:
- Constructive conversations are needed. An open dialog and cooperation among community members, police leaders and elected officials is essential to develop a new framework for public safety efforts.
- Assessing and improving our nation’s police departments requires evaluating each community’s unique needs, risks, capabilities, and culture.
- Each community will need a customized, cost-effective approach to achieve meaningful change.
- The desire to respond quickly should be balanced with an understanding of the issues, the correct approach, and the ability to maintain or develop the appropriate controls and processes.
- An in-depth knowledge of policing models, law enforcement practices, federal and local laws, compliance reviews, change management processes, data analytics tools, constructive training techniques, and approaches for collaboration and communication with diverse constituencies will be required to deliver positive results.
How We Help
How we enable change.
We engage in thoughtful discussions with community and department leaders; conduct community surveys and focus groups; maintain communication with stakeholders; and undertake comprehensive reviews of policies, procedures, approaches, and interactions. We add significant value by developing a deep understanding of the issues, identifying the correct approach, and maintaining or designing the appropriate controls and processes. Our team are experts in proactively testing compliance controls meant to prevent misconduct by identifying root causes and implementing corrective measures.
StoneTurn’s Data Analytics experts analyze data sets; create dynamic visual models; and extract key insights. We help police departments incorporate and expand technology to improve department activities and training; use data to identify misconduct warning signs and flag for review; examine data for trends and anomalies; and connect disparate data.
Our professionals will work with communities and their police departments to review historic approaches and activities; create and approve plans to implement changes; offer technical assistance; develop and conduct training; and draft communications to different stakeholders. Our experts have managed engagements designed to promote integrity and efficiency by engaging with stakeholders, conducting fact-based analysis, and undertaking program reviews to improve and streamline processes and procedures.
Compliance Program Enhancement
We are well-versed in community policing models, law enforcement practices, federal and local laws, compliance reviews, change management processes, data analytics tools, training techniques, and approaches for collaboration and communication with diverse constituencies. Our team can expertly and efficiently connect the communities and their departments to deliver a lasting and measurable impact through program enhancements and training.