BEYOND A NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK: In today’s world of conflict, change and compliance, data spreads across numerous haystacks and data anomalies are even less obvious than needles. Lawyers and organizations must find specific pieces of hay in vast fields of haystacks and they must do so with laser-like speed and accuracy. Forensic Data Analytics enables lawyers and organizations to meet this challenge, notwithstanding the explosion of data complexity and volume.
Working in tandem with our forensic accounting and digital forensics experts, StoneTurn’s Forensic Data Analytics group leverages expansive arrays of data to arrive at findings which enable law firms and organizations to make informed decisions and prepare for what might be around the next corner.
Applying more than just programming expertise, our Data Analytics professionals understand the objectives of the requested analyses and participate fully in the planning, execution and delivery of value added results. Our experts take a “tool agnostic” approach whereby we apply the best software and/or analysis solution to fit a client’s needs. We work with a range of tools, including powerful database and query languages, which allow us to work with extremely large data sets and can apply any combination of factors to splice, compare and cross-reference data.
WHAT WE DO:
- Collect and assimilate data from disparate sources (e.g., proprietary and counterparty; public and private; legacy and active)
- Analyze large and complex databases
- Identify data anomalies, outlier transactions, and business trends
- Transfer knowledge to enable self-reliance
- Suggest improvements for internal processes and controls
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Isolate data anomalies/smoking guns that are suggestive of misconduct
- Apply predictive analytics to prevent fraud and corruption
- Reduce costs and enable effective performance on larger projects
- Quantify damages in various scenarios
- Obtain actionable results